2.08.2011

The Joy of Love {Day Eight}

08: Gift From the Heart.

The greatest gift my husband has ever given me has been the gift of unconditional love. He married me knowing my past, my flaws, and my quirks. When he married me he told me that my wedding ring was his promise to forever respect me, support me, cherish me, take care of me, hold me, catch me, and most of all LOVE me. He swore to be the man in my sons life that he needed and to be the best dad to any of our future children that he knew how to be. Our wedding bands mean so much more to me than just a symbol that we're taken, or a status symbol because of the size of the diamond. Our wedding bands have a meaning that is too complicated to even explain all the way. In them is all the promises that we made to each other. The promise to NEVER forsake each other; to ALWAYS care for each other before anyone else; to NEVER forget where we were before we were married and how far we've come since; to ALWAYS keep that fire alive; to NEVER stop growing and learning together; and so so much more.

My husband gave me my forever, our love story will never have a happy ending because is will NEVER end.
A portion of your soul has been entwined with mine. A gentle kind of togetherness, while separate we stand. As two trees deeply rooted in separate plots of ground, while their topmost branches come together, forming a miracle of lace against the heavens. 
--Janet Miles 

Talk to you soon,

No comments:

Post a Comment