2.21.2011

While Dad's Away, Mom and Kids Will Play!

So lets talk about this extended weekend, and yes I am including Monday since it's a holiday therefore its an extended weekend for us!

Saturday came and went in a blur! Ryan had to work overtime early that morning (bittersweet to say the least). So when Ryan got up the kids and I got up too and lounged on the couch for a little while as our bodies woke up from the night. We spent the whole time Ryan was at work playing with Max's Khung Zhu stuff and later they watched some T.V. while I was reading a new book. The husband surprised up by coming home a little earlier than we expected him to =D so while the kids were climbing all over him, I took the time to do the dishes and clean up a little. We had dinner kind of early and ended up just hanging out watching some T.V. (the slamdunk contest was on) and chill out until it was the kids bed times. After the kids were tucked tightly into bed the hubs and I watched one of our shows and hit the sheets rather early. Pretty uneventful right?! Hahaha, I guess I didn't mention Max's meltdown because his sister wouldn't stop King Konging all over his toys hahahahaha, and I also didn't say anything about Gabriella learning to feed herself with a spoon and getting her food all over herself and the high chair AND the carpet. Oh and I didn't talk about the 3 times I had to vacuum because Bella likes to dump her Goldfish on the carpet and then step on them. Now It seems like I actually told you something right?

I got a ton of stuff done on Sunday! Ryan thankfully took the kids over to my moms house (he gets to play Xbox over there) so I could clean this house from top to bottom. Sundays are always my cleaning days...well actually everyday is a cleaning day, but Sundays I get down to the nitty gritty haha. I got everything nice and shiny and clean (as Max says). I got rid of some stuff from the kitchen, reorganized the laundry room, put all my holiday stuff into a bigger tote thing, and replaced the shower heads in both bathrooms. Overall it was super productive! The kids and Ryan came home around 3:30 and Bella was sleeping when Ryan brought her in. After like 30 minutes she woke up...crying...and didn't stop for at least an hour. In that hour I gave her a bath, held her, Ryan held her, we tried giving her snacks, anything basically but she just wouldn't stop crying. Eventually I just decided we should just lay her down again and see if maybe she just wasn't ready to wake up...that did it. She woke up again about 15 minutes later like a whole new baby! She wanted to play as soon as she got out of her crib! (Phew!) So then Ryan left to go find me some newspapers so I could clip the coupons (Woo Hoo!!) and he was on a mission! Everywhere he went they were already gone but he finally found one of each at two different places. After he brought them home he went to the gym for a little while before dinner. After a bath for Max and a little cuddle time for both kids, we put them to bed for the night and sat down to catch up on the rest of our shows.

Today, Monday, is our extra day off! We got up just as early as always with the kids. I made some breakfast for the kids and Ryan, mini pink pancakes and turkey bacon. I didn't eat any since I'm not a big fan of breakfast but the Ryan and the kids gobbled it up! We all got ready and headed over to my moms house to head to Victor Ville to have some lunch and do a little shopping as an early birthday celebration for me since everyone had today off. I want Ryan to take off a day in March for Max so we decided he would just work on my birthday...tomorrow. We went to a steak house, and then stopped at a few stores before finally coming back to my moms. My mom and I went to the grocery store in town and then went back to her house for dinner. I would go into more detail about our day but there's really not too much to say, we had an awesome day, and I just realized how long this post is going to be hahahaa! So tomorrow is my 25th birthday, and I have a nail appointment early in the morning, a midterm and 4 quizzes later on...AND an online class starts. Oh well, at least I'll be extra busy!

Talk to you soon,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment