2.14.2011

Our Weekend Away & Valentines Day

{Caution, this blog is long and there are quite a bit of pictures!}

This weekend the husband and I were able to get away with two of our very best friends for a day and night. We went to Universal Studios Hollywood all day on Saturday and then spent the night in an amazing room at the Hilton Hotel. Universal Studios was so much fun! I have never been there and neither has Ryan, so we were so excited to experience everything there is to offer there. After we got a locker for our sweaters we started the day off by going into the Haunted House thing...not my cup of tea. I'm a HUGE crybaby when it comes to scary movies! I hate to be scared!! So the whole time I just kept my head down and eyes closed while Ryan led me through the whole thing. Even with me not seeing anything I was STILL SCARED!! We went on every single ride there, well we didn't explore the Curious George world hahaha. I wont go into detail about every ride because then this blog post would be even longer than it is already going to be (haha), but I will tell you that I enjoyed every single thing we did! We went on a tour of the Universal lots and that was my favorite thing we did all day. We saw movie sets AND we got to go down Wisteria Lane (Where all the Desperate Housewives live!) there were a few little motion rides on the tour that were a lot of fun too. I love just about anything to do with movies, or celebrities, so I was totally enthralled by this! We ate lunch at the Flinstones Bar-B-Que after the tour and it was delicious! After we did some shopping and had our caricature drawn the park was closing down so we drove across the street to our hotel and got ready for dinner.We decided on mexican food and went to eat at Camacho's Cantina. It was super good food and by the time we got to eat it was around 10:00 so we had a drink and ate our food, then took a cab back to the hotel and decided to play a board game Evette and Nick had brought along. We had so much fun just hanging out in the hotel playing our game and laughing that we ended up staying up super late!






















The next morning was really relaxing since check out wasn't until 12:00 (!!) we just took our time getting ready and getting all of our stuff together. After check out we went over to Ventura Blvd. and parked so we could do some shopping in some of the vintage stores. We knew there was a Fat Burger along the way so we had lunch there and it was so ridiculously good I totally indulged, I haven't had a burger in MONTHS and I knew this was the place to get one. Ryan got a HUGE burger, a XXL with everything PLUS cheese, bacon, chili, and an egg...he didn't finish it like we all thought he would but he put away about 3/4 of it! We stopped by Trader Joes to pick up a few things and then decided it was time to head home so we could all get back to the real world.
After a 2 hour drive we got to go pick up our kids! This weekend was the first time I've ever left Gabriella overnight with someone (my mom). When we dropped them off I cried a little after I got back into the car. This last month has been pretty hard and a few things have changed. I've weaned her from nursing completely, this was REALLY hard for me mostly. Gabriella is pretty adaptable, she just goes with the flow, I on the other hand was the one who had to get used to not nursing her before laying her down for the night and not nursing her right when she woke up in the morning. She also has been becoming more and more independent, this is a great thing but super bittersweet. Now it was time for me to let her be somewhere overnight without me, and wake up without me being there...you can imagine my heartache. She obviously wasn't forever traumatized. Max always does great when he spends the night with my mom (Grandmom) he loves to have sleepovers with her! We hung out with my mom and brothers for about an hour and then headed home to spend some time with the kids and wouldn't you know it...they both fell asleep in the car on the way home!! So we came home and put them to bed, Ryan watched TV for a little bit while I got some things done and put together all the kids Valentines Day bags. After all was said and done we sat down together on the couch to watch the Grammys before hitting the sheets.
This morning I woke up to a vase with beautiful flowers a card and a...Coach bag! In the bag was a beautiful Coach wallet, which I've never had. In my flowers was a single rose and Ryan told me he wasn't going to get roses this year because he had last year and he knows how much I prefer other types of flowers over roses but he just HAD to get me at least one because to him it isn't a Valentines Day without a rose, there was also a little I Love You balloon in them.











 



















I gave Ryan his gift also, a new pair of Anarchy brand sunglasses, and he absolutely loved them. He wasn't expecting them at all which makes it that much better.
I decided I would wait to give the kids their Valentines Day bags until later on in the day when Atalaya and Chace would be here too to open theirs. In the mean time Max's class had a Valentines Day party which was a lot of fun! I signed up to bring the plates and cupcakes so I got some heart shaped paper plates and these cupcakes with red icing and little bumblebee rings on top that said BEE MINE. I LOVE doing stuff with Max's school! After the party we came home and had to wait a few hours for Atalaya and Chace to come over and...they LOVED the bags! I don't think they were expecting them at all!! I took a few pictures that I'll post. I bought each of them things that suited their personality that way no one would fight over anything and my plan worked! As soon as they were done taking everything out of the bags they right away started asking me to open stuff for them, which is a sign that they're too pumped to wait!


















Valentines Day for me is all about showing the people you love just how much you love them. Things definitely dont say I love you, but the fact that you thought of that person when you were buying them something is what makes it mean more. I love my husband and my kids and I love Atalaya and Chace too.

I hope you enjoyed that NOVEL hahahaha!

Talk to you soon,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment