2.17.2011

Thankful Thursdays- 12



There have been a few instances in the last few days that I've really had to look to God and ask him to show me how to handle myself and my temper. Obviously this has nothing to do with my kids or my amazing husband, but with people from outside of our bubble. I have a hard time with NOT telling people what I really think, in the last few months I've taught myself to hold my tongue when it was absolutely necessary. There are some things though that I literally have to fight with myself to control the urge to tell someone to **** off. Bringing Jesus into my life more and more has helped because now I know to go to him and ask him what I'm supposed to do. Do I tell the rude lady at the grocery store she needs to find a new job since she obviously cant do the one she has, or do I smile politely and figure out whatever it is on my own. Do I tell that girl she is so full of s*** that it is starting to come out of her mouth, or do I ignore everything and remember how much more blessed I am than her because I do have God on my side. Do I listen to the negativity of others and let it bring me down, or do I stay positive and ask Jesus to help brighten someone elses day. I know that the actions of others really shouldn't interfere with MY life but I cannot help but be bothered by the idiocy of some people.
So what I'm trying to say is that I'm thankful for...
111. the patience that God is teaching me to have when it comes to other peoples issues.
ALSO I'm thankful...
112. that no matter what ANYONE says, I came first in my husbands life back then and I never stopped being in his mind.
113. for the lady at the store who heard me talking about my coupon being expired so she gave me one of hers that wasn't expired yet. (So nice!)
114. for Tracy vanDam Fotografie, without her and her business I dont know who would document our family as it grows.
115. for my mom who kept my babies overnight.
116. for friends who like to surprise you.
117. that my sister is coming to visit finally!
118. for the flowers that I got for Valentines Day that are still looking beautiful!
119. for Valentines Day clearance stuff! So fun!!
120. for my sister in law who ALWAYS listens to me. =)

{Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act. Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes. Stop being angry! Turn from your rage! Do not lose your temper—it only leads to harm. For the wicked will be destroyed, but those who trust in the Lord will possess the land. --Psalm 37:7-9 AMEN!!}

What are you thankful for this week?
Talk to you soon,
J


No comments:

Post a Comment