8.01.2010

I know it's not Wednesday but...

I HAD to blog about tonight's dinner. 
Earlier today I made the dough to make dinner rolls from scratch...(my first try by the way). It took a few hours to let it rise and all that good stuff so I made it in advance. Apparently there are a few different shapes that you can make dinner rolls into...which I guess makes sense because they don't always look the same when you get them at restaurants. So I decided to make the clover shape, this just meant I had to make 54 little dough balls and fit them into cupcake pans, with three per cup and that yielded 11/2 dozen rolls.












They baked up so neat looking and as we were eating them we just pulled each section apart.













Then I made Shepards Pie. This meal is one of my favorite things to cook because its so easy and it never fails to please anyone who is over for dinner, and tonight Allison and Joel stayed for dinner. Ryan unfortunately is still at work, but there is enough left over for him when he gets off work. So to make Shepards Pie I just peel and cut up about 5 or 6 potatoes depending on the size and put them on to boil. While that is cooking I brown a pound of ground turkey (once again we don't eat beef) and I add some seasoning's (normally just salt, pepper, and seasoned salt). After it is browned I add two cans of corn and heat it all up again. Then I make the mashed potatoes with butter, milk, salt, and pepper. I layer the meat into a glass dish, then some shredded cheese, then the potatoes, and some more shredded cheese!













 Then I stick it into the oven at 350 degrees for like 10 minutes or until the cheese on top is melted and the edges are a little browned.

























When I take it out I let it sit for a few minutes and then serve it up in a bowl!

It's like the ultimate comfort food for my family. YUMMY!!!

Talk to you soon,
J

1 comment:

  1. rolls and sheperd pie looks amazingly delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when I make rolls I make the clover shape too =)))....now I am hungry lol

    ReplyDelete