8.01.2010

More Flags More Fun!

Hello again fellow bloggers!!
I feel like I've been slacking on the blogging...but we've just been a little busy around here. And when my hubby is home from work I don't like to take the time to blog...I like to have every minute that I can with him.
Anyways, so here's a quick rundown of my weekend...meaning Friday & Saturday since those are Ryan's days off.
On Friday we got up at 6:30 (eeek that's early!) and got ourselves ready and then the kids. We went and dropped them off at my moms, headed to Allison's house and left for Six Flags Magic Mountain!! This was the first time since having kids that I have been to any kind of a theme park without taking them with me. It took us about 2 1/2 hours to get there cause we got stuck in a little bit of traffic. Right when we got into the park we headed to the newest ride the X2...I don't even have any words for this ride. Lets just say...I kept my eyes closed the whole time and when I got off I could barely walk because I was shaking so bad. This of course cracked my husband up. We waited in a line for 2 hours just to give me a semi stroke. =/ We rode some other roller coasters too which is definitely out of character for me. I'm really not a big risk taker, I'd rather not put myself into situations like that for the sake of my kids but Ryan insists that the chance of something happening to me is slim so I did it, just to prove to him and our friends that I'm not a wet blanket. We also got our pictures taken as gangsters & flapper girls! I LOVED it!! It was a little bit of a struggle to get Joel to agree but it was fun once we started getting all dressed up! The pictures turned out so neat and Ryan and I already decided when we go back we're going to do the pictures as pirates!! After the pictures we only had about an hour and a half until the park closed so the boys went to go play some of the carnival games and us girls went shopping for Allison and Joel's nephews and niece and for Max. (Gabriella is still too little to know we didn't get her anything) We also picked up a few things for my mom, she's a huge fan of Wonder Woman. Then we headed out of the park and home.
On Saturday I woke up RED. I have a massive sunburn because I forgot to put on sunscreen. =/ I never ever ever forget to put sunscreen on my kids when they are going to be outside and I never forget to nag Ryan about putting it on but of course I forget to put it on myself. So we spent another Saturday inside where its cool and Ryan put aloe on me all day (What a good man). We ended our day with pizza and sweet tea.
Here are a few pictures from the last few days.
I made some cinnamon oatmeal raisin bread on Wednesday, it made my house smell SOOOOOO good. I wanted to eat it right away, but I had to wait for it to cool.

I toasted a slice and cut it in half for Maximus for breakfast. I also added some extra raisins for him because he LOVES them.

He ended up really really liking it! And even let me get a picture of him eating it.
This is our group shot...not my best but I'm not picky. =) They told us not to look too happy...and when I am happy that's hard for me to do. 
Our couples shot.
(He makes me melt)
A fun shot we took. I'm sure we weren't supposed to take our own pictures...BUT those girls were too nice to tell us anything.

A fun picture of Allison and Joel. I think this is the cutest picture of them ever!!

Allison and I towards the end of the night.
















I hope you all had a good weekend too!
Talk to you soon,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment