8.30.2010

Do Something Good!

I am not really sure if this drive is happening like EVERYWHERE or if it's just in my town BUT keep a look out for flyers for a back pack drive! There are thousands of kids that go every school year without back packs and other school necessities. One back pack can really really help a kid in need. It may not seem like much but with the prices of back packs almost doubling from even when I was in high school there are some parents that aren't able to afford them. So right now with the sales of school supplies going on is a great time to buy one and donate it! So When I went shopping for Max's back pack I picked up two that I thought he would like, asked him to pick his favorite, and then told him we were going to give the other to another little boy in need and he was totally fine with it! And after school today I took him with me to WalMart to pick up a bunch of supplies to fill the back pack with. I literally bought one of almost everything they had that I could think of that an elementary aged kid would need and I didn't even spend more than $20.00. The back pack was on clearance for $11.00 at Target. So I would suggest you look into this...or just look out for other drives for the kids in your community. Our drop off for these are at our police station just in case anyone from my town is thinking about participating. You don't have to buy the supplies but, why not spend five more dollars if you can?
So theres 2 folders, 2 notebooks, a package of paper, a composition notebook, colored pencils, glue sticks, crayons, black and red pens, a stretchy book cover, calculator, highlighters, scissors, glue, and a 24 pack of regular pencils.

Talk to you soon,
J

1 comment: