4.18.2011

Hatred.

I want to talk a little about hatred.
I steer way clear of saying that I hate PEOPLE. I may hate a thing, or a food, or a place, but I definitely make it a point these days to remind myself that no matter how much I may dislike the actions of a person I do not hate that person. That's not to say that I don't sometimes really feel like I could hate someone, because I do, I'm just saying that I try my hardest not to. In the Bible we are told over and over again not to hate. We are told not to speak slander on other people, which admittedly is a hard one, but we are still taught against it.

It says in Ephesians 4:29-32 "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage, and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."

Now as much as I do not want to do anything to go against what God is trying to show me or teach me I am still a human being and most of all I am still myself. I have come a long way from where I used to be in regards of speaking ill of people but I can only do as much as I can. I take these verses from him and I remind myself when I feel the need to pop off at the mouth and I hold my tongue. I believe that God knows my soul, and he knows that I try.

What is the point of hate? What good does an emotion that has no effect on anyone but ourselves do for our lives. If it has no place in our lives, and does not better our relationships (with ANYONE) then why do we feel it? Do we just feel such an intense rush of anger that our brains automatically translate it into hate? If we are able to get that angry then we should be able to reverse the feeling just as quickly. I say if you're feeling like you hate someone, tell yourself you don't. There is no reason to. What can this person do to you that is so bad that you want to go against what the Lord is trying to teach you? Can this person let you into Heavens gates? Didn't think so.

That was just my quick thought for tonight.
Talk to you soon,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment