4.09.2011

Delete.

I absolutely love social networking. Just like I love blogging, I love Facebooking too. I love to share my world with everyone else, and I love being a part of my friends' world.

Normally I only add people that I KNOW personally. I went out on a limb though and added a few people that most likely wouldn't talk to me if they saw me in a public place. Mistake. I was becoming kind of suspicious that not only were people that I didn't want looking at my things but my so called "friends" were giving their password so that other people could see my profile. Let me back track for just a second. I never used to block anything. Back when Myspace was cool it was public, when I first made a Facebook it was public. But then things started happening and people started being crazy and stalker-ish. I didn't feel comfortable knowing that people who openly disliked me were able to just gander at my profiles all day and sit around criticizing or whatever. I mean honestly I don't care too much what they have to say, I care that their lives are centered around trash talking my family and myself. Those kind of things don't have to be said directly to you, word gets around and eventually we all find out everything.

So on to the reason why I am writing this. Yesterday I decided to go ahead and delete anyone who hasn't spoke to me in public when I have seen them, or interacted with me on Facebook in a while. This way I can weed out anyone who I feel would break the unspoken trust I had in them when I accepted their friend request originally. I also made sure to delete people who don't add positive into my life. Living this new life with no negativity is trying enough already, I don't want to make it harder right now by having bad/mean people in my personal life.

I just thought you might want to know my reasons for doing that and I hope you all have a beautiful weekend.
Talk to you soon,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment