4.03.2011

Two Years and Counting

"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." --Genesis 2:24

Today I have officially been married for two years. 

Some may say, "well two years isn't even that long", and to them I say; You get married and let me know in two years if it already feels like you've been married for a life time. I say that not in a negative way at all. I think that if I am feeling like I've already been with Ryan my entire life it must be a good sign. It must mean that I was really meant to be with him for the rest of my days. Never have I had doubts of any kind but to know that it was meant to be makes this reality even better.

What I want to tell you today is what my husband has given me this last year. Ryan has given me more love than I ever knew a man could give. He has given me his arms when I needed to be held, his ears when I needed to be heard, and his hands when I needed his help. My husband is a wonderful man. Even as time passes and my particularness (I don't even know if thats a word haha) about some things gets worse and worse he continues to oblige me and understands that there are just somethings that have to be re-done. He puts away the laundry without me asking (Good man!). He gets up nearly every morning and takes Max to school. There are so many things that Ryan has done in the last year that I could go on and on about but I wont. I'll get to my next point.

In the last year our relationship has grown by leaps and bounds. No one is born knowing how to be married, we are taught by the marriages we see growing up, the marriages that we see on the television, and the marriages that we read about. We eventually figure out the kind of husband or wife we each think we want to be and teach ourselves what works with our relationship and what doesn't. Ryan and I have taught each other things we didn't even know about each other and what we expect out of our marriage. Together we are learning every single day how to maintain the happiness we have right now. We have never wanted to be the couple that is hot as fire in the beginning with all the passion in the world, but then just fizzles out after a few years because thats when reality will kick in. We have always made sure to keep a steady flow of passion and heat going that way it will never run out.That's not to say that all you need to make a marriage last is passion, you need much more than that as I'm sure everyone knows. That was just an example of how we know we will last forever. I have so many words about love and marriage inside of me that I feel as though this might not be making much sense...oopsie. I am really just trying to tell you that I love my husband, plain and simple, easy as pie. I love that man more than I could have ever dreamed of loving any man and I love that we have a day to celebrate our love and the commitment we made to each other when we said "I Do".

So after rambling, probably aimlessly, I have one last thing to add...
Ryan and I are in it for the long haul and I'm proud of it. He is my King and I am his Queen.
So Happy Anniversary to the love of my life and the man God himself created to be a perfect match for me.

Here's a few pictures of our history.































"So they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, no human being must separate."--Mark 10:8-9

Talk to you soon,
MRS.HILL

No comments:

Post a Comment