4.25.2011

Resurrection Day Weekend

or Easter Weekend...whatever you want to call it!

This weekend has been pretty amazing.

Saturday-
We attended an Eggstraviganza, thrown by a church in our city. They took over one of the bigger/nicer fields around here and put up all kinda of little carnival type games, an egg hunt, and a few big inflatable relay race things. They also provided a free hot dog lunch, we didn't take advantage of that because by the time we got done with the egg hunt Bella was super crabby.
After that we went home and got ready for Eden's second birthday party! It was moved to one of her relatives houses because of the terribly windy weather, but it was still a ton of fun!! It was Ni Hao Kai Lan themed and it turned out super cute!!
We got home around 6ish so it was time for dinner, baths, and bed for the kids. Allison hung out for a while playing one of my new addictions with me, the Lego Harry Potter game for the XBox 360. What a huge waste of time but I don't care, I love it!

Sunday-
We woke up at the usual 6:45 with our early riser (Bella) and as hard as I was trying to keep her out of the living room and away from the Easter baskets it didn't work. So around 7:30 we woke up Max so the kids could open their baskets together, and boy was that fun!! Max was pretty pumped about all of his goodies and Bella was all about showing Ryan everything she took out of her basket. I kind of got my feelings hurt because as a mommy I want my kids to be thrilled when I take a month out of my life to make sure I get their baskets just right, with the perfect toys, and their favorite candies in the perfect basket. So when I dont get what I was expecting I end up a tiny bit hurt. My kids were pumped but there were just somethings that I thought they would be super pumped about and they were just like "eh" hahaha!!















Anyways, after the baskets we got ready to go to church and celebrate the real reason we have an Easter holiday! We gave thanks to our Lord who sacrificed himself and then rose from the dead to save us all and show us that with him we would have eternal life. There was an amazing demonstration of all the ways that Jesus saves lives. Several members from the church participated in this sharing their stories of hopelessness only to show us what He did in their lives to turn it all around. It brought me to tears to see these people being so honest and grateful to our Lord.
After church we came back home to meet up with my mom and brothers, my grandmother came by also. Max's biological paternal grandparents stopped by with an Easter basket for Max too. After visiting for a little bit and trying to let Bella get some rest we decided to go to Denny's for lunch since neither my mom nor myself wanted to cook haha.
The night ended with me baking cupcakes and boiling eggs, Ryan playing his game, Max playing with his new toys, and Bella just trying to get in everyone's business (lil' nosy).

Overall this weekend was fantastic!! We had a lot of fun with our family and friends, we gave thanks and glory to God,  and we made some good memories, I couldn't ask for anything more than that.





















Today we are doing some more fun Easter stuff with my best friend and her kids because unfortunately they weren't available yesterday to do anything with us. Even though it isn't on the day of Resurrection, we can still celebrate like it is!!

Talk to you soon,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment