4.25.2011

Egg Fun Day!!

What do you get when you cross, four kids, four adults, 30 something hard boiled eggs, about 200 plastic eggs, 4 boxes of different egg dying kits, cupcakes, and insane wind??

A MESS!!

I have been planning an egg "hunt" for my kids and my best friends kids for a few weeks now. It was my first shot at it and I think it turned out great!
I filled just about 200 plastic eggs with different candies, and 3 bigger eggs with special stuff for the big kids. Then I basically placed them all around my back yard because there really isn't very many places to hide them. By the time I was done it looked like a blimp filled with eggs had dropped a bunch from the sky, so I was pleased.
Last night I made a batch of carrot cake cupcakes and iced them with cream cheese frosting. I told Chace that I made this kind because the Easter bunny likes carrots so I wanted to make sure he liked them...he just said "I know" with a mouthful of his second (yes I spoil him) cupcake. I also boiled 16 eggs last night. Evette boiled like 18 and we ended up with a whole bunch of them. So today all I had to do was wait for everyone to come over and for Ryan to get off work and the fun began!!















Evette and I got all the different cups of dye together and set up the table while the kids played around for a while. While we were doing all this I attempted to make "dinosaur eggs". I basically rolled the eggs around on the counter enough to crack the shell but not make it come off, then I just put each one into its own cup of dye and let them sit until all the fun was over and it gave the kids one last WOAH! =D
So the kids got messy dying eggs and then we went out and hid them while we made the kids wait in the house hahaha!! Then after I gave them all their special eggs we let them loose on the yard!! It took about 10 minutes for all the eggs to be found but it was so worth it! We came back in to let the kids eat some of the boiled eggs and look through the plastic ones and then I served the cupcakes!






















The "dinosaur eggs" were a major hit!! Atalaya and Max wanted to eat one right away but Chace decided against it, thats the first time I've seen him turn down food...ever!















Overall the day was so nice. I could have done without the wind but oh well. I was surrounded by people that are not just my friends but are my family and I was overcome with love and joy in my heart to have so many people I love in one place.















I hope you all had a great Monday as well.

Talk to you soon,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment