11.03.2012

Thankful in November III

{Day Three}

Today was such an easy day. We had soccer (early as heck) this morning, and then spent the rest of the day playing with the kids and just hanging out having relaxing family time.

So I want to say I'm thankful today for days like this. I'm thankful for a relatively clear schedule that allowed us to just spend time together. Family is what my life revolves around and I make it a huge point to keep myself attentive to my kids and keep myself present in their everyday lives. I want to know that when my kids get older and they think back to their childhood, they wont be asking themselves where their mommy was when this or that happened. I want to know that in every part of their lives (for as long as they let me be) I am involved in a real way. So days like this, though uneventful, are important for our family. Where was I when Max's 4th tooth came out today? Right there on the couch with him. Where was I when Gabriella woke up from her nap with leg cramps? Right there at the kitchen table playing with Max, and then with her in my lap while I rubbed the cramp out. I'm thankful that I was home today with nothing else to do except make my presence known to my children.

I'll talk to you soon,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment