11.14.2012

Here & Now

So its been a nice long while since I've done one of these posts.
What I really want to do is write a blog without a prompt and without it being one of my daily or weekly ones. I am lacking some serious creative inspiration though. I guess its a good thing though, if there is nothing weighing heavily enough on my mind for me to write about it then I should be happy. So I thought I'd just do a Here & Now and maybe it will get my creative juices flowing.

Soooooo lately I've been...

Obsessing Over: I'm not even going to lie...my weight. I wish I could say that I don't care, but I do. After losing nearly 50 pounds this year, there is no way I'm going to gain that back willingly. Unfortunately with colder weather comes comfort foods and laziness. So I have to just keep myself in check and keep on with my tiny portions, smarter choices, and I have to force myself to stay active. It's not really a number that I focus on, its how I feel when I look in the mirror. That makes one of my top goals for this winter, to make sure that by Spring, I'm still happy when I look in the mirror. 

Thinking About: Christmas! We are going up North for Thanksgiving this year so I am totally skipping the harvest decor. I haven't decorated for anything this year. Actually, I did decorate for Valentines day, but I'm pretty sure that's it. Anyways, since we are leaving before Thanksgiving I've been thinking about putting up our Christmas tree the day before we leave. I like to deep clean the entire house the day we leave for any vacation. I cannot stand coming home from any where to a dirty house. Blame it on my mom. I like to come into a clean house that way when all the mess from the car, suitcases, backpacks, and whatever other stuff we bring home comes into the house, that's all I have to deal with. It just makes life so much easier. But back to my point, I am thinking I'd rather put it up before, and have the mess all cleaned up that way when we come home, the tree is up and I don't have to even think about anything except getting everything put away from the trip.

Whoa...that was a novel.

Working On: Getting the house (even more) organized. I like to always have some kind of organization project going on. Right now I'm in the middle of organizing all of the books in my garage so I can have a giant book/garage sale. I don't really have much to sell besides books, but hey why not call it both and let my friends sell some stuff too?

Anticipating: My trip to Texas! It was totally supposed to be a surprise for my sister but there were things beyond my control so I ended up having to tell her. I am so excited for my nephew to get here and there was just no way I was going to miss her baby shower. I already missed my other nephews baby shower, I couldn't even imagine missing this one.
 
Listening To: The Oxygen Networks show "My Shopping Addiction". I love reality shows, and I especially love seeing people doing crazy things! If a shopping addiction isn't crazy, I don't know what is!

Eating: Nothing! And I'm happy about it!

Wishing: That I could hit the lottery! I mean who doesn't wish that sometimes? Not just for myself, but for everyone I know that needs help every once in a while. I have some kind of need to fix things for people and it can seriously hurt your bank account. Blame that one on my mom too. We are fixers, and we can't help it.

Well this was fun!
I'll talk to you soon,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment