2.02.2012

Thankful Thursdays - 38















I always think about how I will tell my kids the story of my life. Like what things I will choose to omit, because there are just some things you dont tell your kids, and what stories I will tell over and over again, because there are some lessons your children need to hear from you so they wont make the same mistakes. So this week I am so so so thankful for everyday that I live and the things that I learn along the way to teach or tell to my kids as they grow. Who hasn't asked their parents about the day they met, or how they did this or that in a certain situation. I am pretty close to positive that my kids will be the same way. I expects thousands upon thousands of questions about any and every thing you could ever think of from my kids. And I am so looking forward to answering them.

336. I'm thankful for my memory. There is hardly anything that I can't remember. So recalling things from my past for my kids should be relatively easy. And even if its not, I write almost everything down. If not on my computer then in one of the various notebooks that I have around the house.

337. I'm thankful for photographs. I know things written down can tell an amazing story because I am a reader and a writer and there are so many ways to add description to a story and make it just as good as looking at a picture. But what great fun it is to have pictures to go along with my stories right? That's why I try my hardest to capture everything on film AND paper.

338. I'm thankful that Ryan and I have a good story to tell our kids. Our story may not be so exciting to Max as he gets older because he is a boy, but for Gabriella it is sure to be magical the first time she hears it. A story of two people who went every way but to each other for a while and they still ended up together is a fairy tale if I've ever heard one. =D I am waiting patiently for the day when she starts asking me those kinds of questions.

Do you ever think about what you will tell your children when they're older?
Talk to you soon,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment