2.06.2012

Here & Now

It's another week in 2012 and here's what I've got going on!

Obsessing Over: Birthday party stuff! With Max's SIXTH (Did I really just type that?) birthday right around the corner I figured I better start shopping for the decorations! We're doing a Lego Star Wars theme this year since he is like crazy for anything Lego Star Wars related. I don't know where the fascination with Star War's came from, because we never went out of our way to show Max (back when he first started showing interest) the movies or anything. He just started talking about it all the time...so we went with it. And of course, he has loved Lego's forever now. He has an imagination for days so it's the perfect toy for him. So I ordered the majority of the decorations this weekend and the custom invites too. I dont have too much left to do, thank goodness.

Thinking About: Getting Max a pet lizard for his birthday! I am not the biggest fan of pets in cages/tanks because its just something else that I have to clean. But from what I can see lizards are pretty easy to take care of and maintain. Max would love it...he would be so excited. I just have to convince myself that I really dont mind cleaning a gross tank. blehhhhh

Working On: Getting the kids' bedrooms together! My in home project this week is rearranging the bedrooms to be more conducive to play! I'm getting rid of more toys and re-organizing to make it a little more logical. There are times like this when I wish we were rich so I could buy all the things to make their rooms look the way I want them to. But we aren't, and I cant, so I make due with what we have and it will still turn out fantastic!

Anticipating: Valentines Day! Swoon! I got the kids each a little Valentines Day themed take out looking box, and a bunch of goodies to fill them with (Hello five dollar movie bin!). I always look forward to Valentines Day! I love giving my kids their own little gifts and I love giving my husband all the cards and goodies! Yes, I buy more than one card...sue me. I love them. I'm always giving him cards! But on Valentines Day, I give him two or three throughout the day just to make him smile. I cant even believe I just typed that...I don't generally like to tell people the things we do for each other like that. Some things need to stay private right?

Listening To: The Disney Channel. I didn't turn on any music this morning. I just sat down and started typing. I'll turn it on now and then let you know what plays first. =) --No Doubt's "Don't Speak"-- Holy smokes. One of my faves EVER. I used to put this on repeat on my discman (woah old) and fall asleep listening to it. No Doubt is one of the best groups of all time. I'll be a fan forever.

Eating: Absolutely nothing. I haven't even had breakfast yet. Speaking of eating. I ate like CRAP yesterday. I made chicken wings...that I pulled out our deep fryer for. I made croissant BLTA's...with mayo. AND I made spinach dip...and ate it with Hawaiian sweet bread and various crackers. The only thing saving me from complete and utter black hole food guilt is the fact that I totally left out the usual cupcakes. As I was grocery shopping I came across them...my faves, chocolate with whipped cream icing, and I just looked for a second and walked away. Then later as I walked into another grocery store...I was attacked by the girl scouts and they robbed me for four dollars and shoved a box of cookies in my purse. I couldn't stop them. Ruthless little girls.

Wishing: I could afford a personal trainer to come to my house every day and scream at me while I did my P90X and rode the bike and then forced me to do even more exercise. I am trying my hardest to motivate myself...but it's just so much easier to not do it. Especially on the weekends. There are so many distractions when the husband and kids are home all day long. It's super easy for me to get busy doing this or that.

I hope you enjoyed the second installment of Here & Now! I think next time I'll be incorporating some pictures!

Talk to you soon,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment