2.01.2012

Batter Up!

I dont know if I've ever really said how obsessed with sports my husband is. He can talk about them to anyone, anywhere, anytime. He can watch them all day and then before bed he can watch the recaps on ESPN and the other sports channels.

So ever since last year when we took Max to our little nieces baseball game and he announced to us that he wanted to play baseball like his cousins we have been dying to sign him up. That's also when we started talking about Ryan signing up to be coach of his team! I mean really who could do it better right? So last week when we got the flyer saying that it was finally time for sign ups to begin, we jumped at the chance!

We have Max already all signed up but of course the process for Ryan to be coach is a little more that just signing up. There are finger prints, back ground checks, and interviews to do as well. Luckily for us, Ryan has no criminal record or anything like that so I'm almost positive that he's going to be able to be Coach Hill!

I am so excited for Max to play his first "organized" sport and even more excited that Ryan is going to be there with him every step of the way. It just makes it that much more special for me. Back when it was just me and Max I never thought I would be able to give Max all the things a father would generally give him, because I am a woman. But by giving him Ryan I have done more than I ever thought possible. Nothing in the world can make me happier than knowing that even thought Max didn't start his life with a daddy, at least he has an amazing one now and for the rest of his life.

I'll keep you posted on if he get's the spot or not! Fingers crossed and prayers said please! I'd hate to have my hopes up so high, just to get them shot down. Oh, and by the way, Max has no idea! I don't ever tell my kids anything until right before its going to happen, just to avoid any heart break. So it's going to make it even MORE exciting when we finally do tell him!

Talk to you soon,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment