11.09.2011

Tasty Tuesday

Chicken & Dumplings Edition

I love my Crock Pot. Seriously...I love it, if I wasn't so timid when it came to trying new recipes I would cook in it every day.


So when a friend of mine sent me a super easy recipe for chicken & dumplings I just had to try it.

The Ingredients:

4 halves of boneless skinless chicken breast so, two chicken breasts cut in half. (I cubed mine to make it into bite size pieces.)
2 cans of condensed cream of chicken soup
2 10 ounce cans of refrigerated biscuit dough (I could only fine 7 ounce cans so I just used three of those and didn't use one biscuit.)
2 tablespoons butter
1 onion finely chopped

Note: I added some fresh cracked black pepper like halfway through cooking.

The Directions:

1.Put all ingredients in the crock pot EXCEPT the biscuits. Add water to just covering all the ingredients.Turn the cooker on to high and cook for 5 1/2 hours.

Note: If it seems as if its too watery, have patience, the biscuits will make it thicker really fast!

2. Add the biscuit dough in pieces (I tore each biscuit into four pieces and rolled them into balls) and cook for another half an hour until the center of the biscuits are no longer raw in the center.

Note: Stir the dumplings about halfway into the final half hour and before serving.

The Final Product:
















I know today is Wednesday but I didn't have time to write this post yesterday.

This meal was a major hit! The husband isn't a fan of dumplings but he trusted me when I said these are different. They aren't as doughy as real dumplings since they're made from biscuits. Even my kids gobbled it up, and they're the hardest to please!

I think this is an excellent recipe for colder weather and its super filling so a little goes a long way!

Talk to you soon,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment