11.16.2011

Tasty Tasty

I cook nearly everyday, and I dont save the awesome stuff for just Tuesdays, so I decided to just call these posts "Tasty Tasty". Why not?

Anyways, I have been perusing pinterest.com every single day...I'm obsessed. There are so many awesome ideas on there, it can keep my attention for hours.

I came across some awesome looking potatoes and thought I'd give it a try tonight since I had all the ingredients and they would go great with the pork roast that I was making.

The Ingredients:
















4 potatoes (or however many)
Olive Oil (I use Extra Virgin)
Butter
Salt
Pepper
Minced Garlic (totally optional)


The Instructions:

This goes without saying but, clean your potatoes thoroughly. Then dry them and lay each one on its flattest side. Next, take your time and make slices all along the potato. Go as far down as you can manage without cutting all the way through, and try to keep each slice like 3 to 4mm apart.

Note: This is just the way I flavored them, you can probably do whatever you want to these according to your tastes.

Next put bits of butter into each slice of the potato (or every other piece), I decided to put the garlic on only one potato just in case it didn't taste too good and I just put a tiny bit into every third slice. Next drizzle the olive oil over each potato, shake salt and pepper over them after that.
















Stick the potatoes on an aluminum foil covered cookie sheet and put them in the oven to cook at 425 for about an hour, or until they look crispy and brown.

The Final Product and Verdict:
















I originally put them in the over for only 45 minutes as directed on the website I found but I think an hour would have been better. The insides weren't as tender to me as I would have liked them.

The Husband said: "Babe, you should really cook potatoes like this every single day."
Max said: "Mom, I dont really like the potatoes." (hes not a fan of any potato)
Bella said: "Mine? Yummy!"

Overall they were a hit and I will make them again. I should have taken pictures of the pork roast because THAT got rave reviews from all three of my test subjects!

Try it and let me know how it goes!
Talk  to you soon,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment