11.01.2011

Slacker...

I sucked at Halloween this year.

I have already confessed to being a major planner...I plan nearly everything that way I'm not being stunned by surprises every day. For some reason though this month was kinda outta whack for me. I had a plan in mind for our family Halloween costumes and was fully intent on making everything because I am totally capable...but then the time flew by. So Max ended up as Darth Vadar cause he loves Star Wars and really wanted a pretty legit light saber and Bella ended up as our Baby Bumble Bee...as in the song (hahaha). Now of course they looked as cute as ever but I was still slightly bummed that we didn't end up in coordinating costumes. (Last year we were all pirates and Baby Bella was our parrot) I already told myself though that we will end up dressed next year like I wanted us this year. Luckily I have a husband that is happy to make me happy and knows how special some things are to me, and Halloween is definitely one of those things.

I did learn a lesson though. Things will not always go the way you want them to go. I am constantly struggling (but always learning) with letting go of all the control. I don't know how I got this way but I think it is just one of the things that happened to me when I started having kids. Luckily I don't throw fits or get angry when things go different than what I had planned...I just take a few breaths and go with the flow. 

I'm very happy though that we were able to do every thing I wanted to do aside from the costumes. October is filled with so many fun things that I love to enjoy with me children and my husband. We went to school functions, we found an awesome Pumpkin Patch, we picked pumpkins, we baked Halloween cakes and cookies, we made fun Halloween magnets and did a few other crafts, and we went Trick or Treating at our local ghost town, my moms work and around a few of our friends streets and our own.

Even when things don't seem to turn out perfectly, I always look back and see how really, things were perfect.

Enjoy a few pictures!





























Talk to you soon,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment