10.19.2011

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things...Part Two

It's been a while since I've just blogged about something fun. I've been barely fitting my TOAT's into my crazy days. So I thought I would do a Part Two to a fun blog I did a long time ago called These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things...Part One

I never ever thought I would like sushi. I was never even down to try it because the idea of eating it grossed me out. My husband on the other hand is a huge sushi fan. He pretty much loves any food so this isn't something that came as a shock to me. 
One day earlier this year my brother Hugo and his wife Sandy were here from Northern California and they told us about this sushi place that was so good. My sister in law, with the help of Ryan, totally talked me into trying it. So we headed out and went to Samurai Sushi. It's a cozy little place with a nice comfy atmosphere. I was naturally skeptical when I was looking at the menu, but with the guidance of Ryan, Hugo, and Sandy I made my choices. It turns out...I love sushi. Not I don't just love it, I'M OBSESSED. Ryan was just teasing me the other day because he said if anyone asks me what my favorite food is and I don't say sushi then I'm lying. I could seriously eat it every single day. Too bad we dont have a place here in Barstow where I could eat it more often. 
Netflix is another thing that that I absolutely LOVE. Although their prices have been raised and its slightly more expensive that it has been, for me its worth it.
I am not really a movie person because there is hardly ever a two hour time span that I can just sit down and watch a movie, so I never actually buy them. Having Netflix I've been able to watch movies on our Wii or XBox and the ones that I can't watch like that I get in the mail super quick. Another amazing thing that Netflix does is allow me to watch every single episode of any (I think) show I can think of. There have been a few different series that I have been able to watch all the way through because Netflix has it. Just recently (well it took me a few months) I watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I just love having the access to all the things I want to see.
Something that I am loving right now for my kids is the Scholastic Book Program. I don't really know exactly what to call it, but I'm sure you all remember getting order forms sent home from school for your parents to order books for you. Max is now getting these order forms and I love it! 
The prices for most of the books are pretty fair, we recently ordered 12 books and paid between one and three dollars for each book. I even got a book, Days With Frog and Toad, that my mom bought for me when she was pregnant with me and has since been lost. Our house is full of budding and experienced readers. We read every single day to our kids and they really enjoy it. I am slowly building a library for them and hope to get them an awesome sling book shelf for all of them. Now that I think about it I can't wait for the next order form!! 

I'll talk to you soon,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment