9.26.2011

Vacation!

Because Ryan and I are full time parents, vacations together...alone...are like figments of our imaginations. We have taken short trips alone to see our siblings graduate high school in Texas but other than that...nothing.
So when I found out that a good friend of mine, who lives in Tennessee now, was getting married I started saving for our plane tickets. We thought about taking the kids with us but ultimately decided that this would be a really good opportunity to spend some uninterrupted grown up time. We would have had to buy another plane ticket for Max since he's over two anyways. I finally bought the tickets (About five months ago!) and started counting down the days and making plans for the five days we are going to spend in various cities in Tennessee.

We are...
going to Grace Land...and absolute dream come true for me. I'm a major celebrity history buff!
going to the Civil Rights Museum...another dream come true. I will go and stand where one of the most influential people in history stood.
going to a few different restaurants that Guy Fieri went to for his show Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.
visiting some other historical places around Memphis and Nashville.
and finally...seeing my friend marry her man.


I cannot wait to experience new things with my husband and to cross off some of the things that are on our bucket lists together.

Talk to you soon,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment