8.19.2011

Thankful Thursdays- 30















I know it isn't Thursday...so sue me. I didn't have even one second free yesterday to do my TOAT...so I'm doing it now.

As of late there have been things happening around that have me scratching my head and saying...does God have a reason for doing these things to the people I love? This has to be a part of a bigger plan that I cannot see right now...right? Every day it seems as though my heart cannot be hurting much more for these people and yet every day it seems their troubles get worse and worse. I have no idea why but I get over invested and I take the bad things that happen to my friends and family really personally. Even when I have absolutely nothing to do with a situation I still take it to my soul and my heart breaks a million times a day when I hear the tears or see how scared they get. Maybe thats why I'm no good at consoling the weary...I am weary as well. Maybe thats why I dont know how to comfort the broken hearted, because I am broken hearted as well.

These last few weeks have had me in my Bible at every chance I get looking for rhyme or reason to these things and once again I am guided to this...

As Pharaoh approached, the Israelites looked up, and there were Egyptians, marching after them. They were TERRIFIED and cried out to the Lord. They said to Moses, "Was it because there were no graves in Egypt that you brought us to the desert to die? What have you done to us by bringing us out of Egypt? Didn't we say to you in Egypt, 'Leave us alone; let us serve our Egyptians'? It would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians that to die in the desert!"
Moses answered the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today will never see you again. The Lord will fight for you; you need only be still." --Exodus 14:10-14

And then the Lord parted the sea to let them through and closed it on the Egyptians...if you dont know the story.

In the face of all the pain my loved ones are going through I am reminded to be grateful for all that I have and I continue to take note of what I have.
I am thankful for so many things...

271. for our jobs...some people cannot find one at all.
272. for the health of my children.
273. for my marriage.
274. that I know who I am and I dont need the validation from other people to make me feel good. Yes it sucks to know the things people assume about you but it means nothing.
275. that Max will be starting Kindergarten in just a few days and I am confident that he is ready for it.
276. that I am going to be able to take a trip with Ryan and share new things and experiences with him.
277. that I became fast friends with the girls I hardly knew before we started working together.
278. that I never have to lie...to anyone. I am confident in my truth no matter what.
279. that we have the means to feed our family.
280. that we have a car...it may not be the best car, or the nicest...but its a car.

Remember to be thankful for everything you have, you never know when it can be taken away from you.
Talk to you soon,
J





No comments:

Post a Comment