8.29.2011

Kindergarten

Today marks week two of Max's ascent into a real school life.

Pre-school for three hours a day was one thing, kindergarten for like seven hours a day is completely different. I wish I could say that this chapter of his life was something that I wasn't looking forward too...but I'd be lying. Like I talked about in the post I wrote when he started preschool, I have been looking forward to being the best "PTA" mom I can be. I love helping with anything they ask me to do and even doing things that aren't asked of me. I am (and I know Max is too) adjusting slowly to him being away from me for all these hours a day. It breaks my heart that because I am working I see him so little when he is awake. I want to be able to be there every second of every day for my little big boy. Unfortunately/fortunately working has kept me from doing what I want to do for my kids. I still have to check myself to make sure I dont complain for that though because there are tons of parents that wish they could have a job, I used to be one of them. I also know that this is just temporary and I'll be back at home with my kids all day everyday soon enough.

So anyways, kindergarten is where Max is going to be making friends with the kids who should be graduating high school with him. I am going to be watching these kids grow from four and five year olds into seventeen and eighteen year olds. There is something about Max walking into his real class room, at a real elementary school, with a real kindergarten teacher that gives me the urge to run through his entire life mentally. I want to make sure that as his mommy I have given him all the tools he needs to be successful in school and in his social life. I want to double check to make sure I've taught him right from wrong and that he knows good from bad. I pray that I've done the absolute best job I could in the last 5 years.

From here on out I am going to make sure I instill in him the importance of his education, that I encourage him to be himself, and that I give him all the love he could ever possibly need. I am so very very very proud to be his mommy and I am looking forward to the next 18-20 (hopefully) years of school!

Our Tradition






















Covering the imus in his name...he says hes just Max



















Talk to you soon,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment