6.27.2011

Interview With A Vampire...

Just kidding!! This is really an Interview With A Pregnant Woman, I just had to put that title because thats the first thing that popped into my head when I was thinking of what to call this...why vampire, I dont know.

We all know by now that I LOVE to have other people participate in my blog. So when my good friend Ashley agreed to be a guest I jumped at the chance to ask her anything that popped into my head. She's the skinniest pregnant girl (aside from her baby bump hehe) that I know, but also one of the kindest women I've had the pleasure of developing a friendship with. She has overcome adversity with a smile on her face and is now happily married to her Prince in Shining (Army) Armor and expecting her first baby. I hope you enjoy taking a look at some things through her eyes.

Please state your name, age, occupation, and state of mind. =)
--My name is Ashley Danielle Hazelett-Meneses. I'm 22 years old. Wellllllll since I'm pregnant I'd say my current state of mind is never quite normal, but at this moment I'm feelin pretty sane :)

That led me right to my next question. Your due date in August is right around the corner! How's your pregnancy thus far? What is the story behind your baby name?
--Oh man yes it is and we cannot wait!!!! I've had some ups and downs in my pregnancy but so far I think it's going great! Heartburn/gerd is a son of a biotch and I can't wait to never have it again!!

About her name...my husband actually picked her first name Aislyn, pretty funny that he picked a white girl name and he's 100% Mexican I guess I assumed he'd pick a name like Maria lol...her middle name Destiny is after my sister Autumn, we always said we'd name our kids after each other...plus it fits pretty well.

Speaking of names, as you've probably read in my blog, Whats In A Name? I am struggling with the idea of altering Max's name. You hyphenated your last name when you were married, I know why, but for the sake of our readers why dont you tell me again. ; ) Do you feel names are an important part of how our lives turn out and how people perceive us?  
--Wellllll in my opinion a name change is a huge deal! I kept my maiden name and hyphenated my husbands because my dad has no one to carry on our last name, so although my daughter wont carry it on I'll still carry the name and hopefully bring honor to it in some way. I do think names give us a huge sense of who we are while growing up, and I do think names effect how people perceive us, names are something kids make fun of or adults judge. I think I'm judged as some sort of feminist for keeping my maiden name when that's not the case.    

Well now everyone knows you aren't a feminist or anything like that, you just did what you felt was right for YOU, and that is what matters most. I think though that the name will suit your baby girl beautifully, so your hubs did a great job! How has your pregnancy and expanding your family affected your brand new marriage. Like myself you also got pregnant like the second you were married.
--Thank you! I think my pregnancy helped strengthen our faith in God because we had tried for so long to get pregnant and it just wasn't happening! We said "I do", and a few weeks later found out we were finally pregnant...it may sound silly but I think it was God's wish for us to be married first. It's brought us closer as a couple knowing that we have created this little human being. Its also motivated us to do better in every aspect of our marriage because we want to do our best to show her how a marriage should be.

Do you and Victor want to have more kids? Why or why not?
--We don't plan to have anymore kids because I'm RH- blood type and my doctor has scared me to death that I will kill myself or my kid if I have anymore lol one healthy baby will be just fine for us. :) 

I completely know what you mean about God wanting you to be married first, I think the same about Ryan and I. Let's switch gears a little bit. You are a stepmother, (like you didn't already know haha), and you know how I feel about stepmothers. So, what would you say are some of the most important things that any step mother should know?    
--I think any GOOD step mom will know her place from the beginning. She has to put herself in the biological moms shoes! Step moms need to realize that if the biological mother is in the child's life then her wishes for how they should be raised should be respected...I also think if the bio mom is in the child's life then the step mom has to take a step back, put on her big girl panties and realize to the child, she's secondary. One other big thing would be to try to show the child love, even if it is not given in return.

What is a quote/saying/bible verse that you apply to your everyday life?
--In everything you do, put God first and He will direct you and crown your efforts with success. Proverbs 3:6
One other great thing of pregnancy is I'm forgetful, I just realized I forgot to state my occupation lol  I'm a Graphic Support Analyst/Housewife

That was an excellent quote!! How do you apply that into your everyday decisions?
--I apply it to my daily life by doing things the way I think God would want me to do them. Sometimes it's hard to have a kind heart but if I remember to put God first he guides me & then I reap the reward from that.

Don't you just love technology? We have done most of this interview through email, that were both checking on our phones. What kind of world do you see for our kids when they're our age?
--I know how neat is it to be able to do this via the phone/email. I'm actually fearful for what the future holds as far as technology...I ordered food from Jack in the Box on a computer screen the other day...are we no longer going to need people to do things anymore?! It scares me!!!

The future does seem pretty scary for our kids, luckily as humans we can adapt to anything if given enough time. This was a lot of fun for me! You know I love to ask questions!! How did you like letting my readers see into your world? Would you do it again after baby??
--It was really fun! I loved it! I would love to do it again after the baby so I can talk about all the new things I've learned.

Thank you again so much for doing this. I hope our friendship continues to grow and become more and more meaningful, the way it has so far, as time passes. Oh and I can't wait to meet baby Aislyn!!
--Thank you so much I'm honored that you asked to interview me! I Can't wait to share our little blessing with you and watch our friendship grow! :)   

Talk to you soon,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment