3.14.2011

L-E-G-O-L-A-N-D Weekend Part Two!

**Just sat down with my second Red Bull. This blog may not be as long as the last but there will be a lot of pictures!**

The morning of day two came super fast. I got to sleep until around 8:00! I got up and showered while everyone was still sleeping and then when I got out just woke everyone up to shower and all that good stuff before we left to hit Lego Land for the second time. Max was kinda cranky because he didn't know why we were leaving when he wanted to watch cartoons and all the regular complaints from a tired four year old. I didn't plan our outfits this day, I just packed us all something cute, so Max just thought we were going home. As we were filling up the car (so we didn't have to stop on our way home) we let Max in on the surprise and he almost jumped out of his booster seat! All we heard was "I LOVE LEGO LAND!!" hahahaa!! Then he jibber jabbered all the way back to the park. It doesn't open until 10:00 and we got there a little early (9:45ish), so Max was going crazy telling us how bad he wanted to get in there and ride some more rides.
In short we made sure Max got to ride every single ride he didn't ride the first day. I broke a nail completely off and it was super painful but thank goodness the pain subsided after about an hour. We re-rode some of his favorites and we took our time through the park this day. We spent a good hour in the Duplo Play Town, there is a little train ride in there that Max was able to go and stand in line (we were within sight) by himself and ride the train alone. He did that about a million times haha! We let Gabriella run around that little area and blow some steam off. On the way out of the park we stopped in the Water Works area and Max ended up soaking wet but it was totally worth it because he was having so much fun! Gabriella thinks she is Miss Independent and tried running away from us several times. We stopped so Ryan and Max could ride the Coastersaurus before we left for good and then headed out of the park. This time because we got to the park as early as we did we were parked even closer than the day before!

As soon as we started driving away Max was asking if we were coming back and we had to tell him no, he was pretty upset about that but literally less than five minutes after getting into the car both of the kids we knocked out. They slept until we were about an hour away from home and when they woke up they were both in terrible moods! So as soon as we got home we put them both in the bath and put them to bed not too long after that.


I am super pale so being in the sun (despite the Puerto Rican in me) does major damage to my skin, even with sunscreen, so I came away from this weekend with a slight sun burn on my arms and nose...and a major sun burn on my scalp from my hair part the first day (forgot to put sunscreen there). I long ago (I tanned for about two weeks last year) accepted my paleness and stopped trying to change it. I don't mind being white, I'd rather be pale than leave my kids without a mother too early because of skin cancer. I slathered my kids in sunscreen too, I would never want them to feel the pain of a sunburn if I can help it.

You know I can never say enough how much I love being blessed enough to be able to take my family out to do fun things. I'm blessed with a husband that works his tush off to make sure we can do these things. When Gabriella gets a little older it will be even better because she will be able to ride all of the rides with Max and it will be double the fun.

Time flies by when you're raising kids. I intend to use every free moment to make sure my kids remember their childhood with fondness instead of disdain. I want them to tell their kids all of the fun things they used to do, and I want them to tell their kids that when Grandma takes them somewhere they're going to have a blast!

Talk to you soon,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment