1.05.2011

Happy New Year!

Welcome 2011!! 

Well! Let us say thank you to the Good Lord for welcoming us into a new year! 
This Holiday season was not as crazy as I suspected it would be. I did get behind a few days in the laundry but I made it all up in one day (thank goodness). Maximus ended up with a hair cut and Gabriella's room is officially filled with toys! 
So first off I have to say that we lost a great man. My Sister in Laws lost their daddy, Dennis Lee Goodwin, suddenly and tragically on December 20th. He raised his girls for a long time by himself after the loss of his wife and their mommy passed away when they were very young. He took care of them, he taught them, and most of all he loved them. To read his obiturary and learn a little more about him click this link. 
The only bright side to this story is that we got to spend a lot of time with not only Sandra and Andrea (my Sister in Laws) but also with my brother, Hugo.
Christmas was a lot of fun! We woke up before Max (my late sleeper) and were able to brush our teeth, nurse baby and feed her breakfast, and then wake up Max. There aren't words to describe his shock and happiness when he saw that "Santa" had dropped of so many more presents! It took him MAYBE 30 minutes to tear through what took us at least 8 weeks to buy. Haahaha! Gabriella opened a few presents herself but she was much more interested in the things Max was opening and of course...the wrapping paper. My wonderful husband surprised me with a...brand new digital camera!!! I was not expecting it at all! It goes to show that even when you really don't think he's listening...he is! =) After we finished with our own little family we just jumped in the car in our Christmas jammies and headed to my moms house for about an hour so the kids could open her gifts. We then came back home to get into our Christmas outfits and head over to Ryan's Aunt Kathleen's house for Christmas lunch and a little gift opening for the kids. Finally we ended our day BACK at my moms with some more Christmas food and some game playing. I bought Ryan the Just Dance 2 game for the Wii (he LOVES dancing games) and we had a kind of tournament...where Ryan was whooped by Sandra! She ended up being the best at the game! By the time we got home I was exhausted as was the rest of my gang, so we just hit the sheets! 
Gabreilla's birthday party went off without a hitch! I couldn't have imagined it coming out any better! Here are some pictures of the setup. 
 













Peanut Butter and Strawberry Jelly Sandwhichs
Sugar Cookies with Buttercream Frosting (YUM)
Fruit Salad with PINK Cool Whip
Magic Marshmallow Wands dipped in Vanilla flavored PINK candy
Pink colored Rice Krispy Treats
and...A Veggie Tray =)
The Candy Bar!
(Probably my favorite part!)
Strawberry flavored (My Daddy's favorite) With homemade buttercream frosting and purple sugar sprinkles!
The giant cupcake that Sandra and Andrea surprise us with!
And some mini cupcakes around it!
The Happy Birthday banner was made but a great friend and fellow blogger Lisa. She sent it all the way from Florida! I made the high chair skirt (easy peasy). This was where she ate her cake and we opened the presents!
The fun activity table! We had make your own tiaras, Make your own shields (for the boys), Pin the tiara on the Princess and Pin the Gem on the Crown (We actually didnt get around to those games but they were still there hahaha, the kids were way too busy with the other stuff!), also we had a pull string pinata, and FACE PAINTING!  
Our door sign =)
Gabriella's First out fit! Well she was wearing a cardigan over it...I'll just post another picture of her LOL.
There ya go. =D












This was her second outfit! My Mother In Law, Melissa, bought and mailed this to us for this day! The front of it has this big silver Happy Birthday thing on the inside of the tulle. So perfect!












Here's Max after his face was painted. He got a fire face which was really appropriate because he was running a fever during the party =(.













We helped her blow out her candles!













It was so exciting and she was cracking us up!












Ryan, his brother Tyler, My brother Hugo and Matthew were all painted to look like the four Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Don't mind the hubbys hair, he was wearing a hat all day. =)

So I hope you enjoyed those thousands of pictures Hahahaaha!

New Years Eve we just spent the day and night with our family over at my moms and ended up in bed somewhere around 11:30, we waited until about 12:15 to actually fall asleep though.

My hopes for this new year are so simple. I hope to keep my family healthy and happy, I hope to be able to get my family to all the places we want to go this year, I hope to make my friendships and family relationships stronger than ever, and I hope to keep my faith in God and prayer growing. 2010 taught me quite a bit about patience, love, friendship, motherhood, family, and the future. I want to keep learning and keep growing into the person I know in my heart that I am.

Look forward to a lot more blog postings!
Talk to you soon,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment