7.09.2010

These are a few of my favorite things...Part One

So obviously being a Mommy you develop a liking for a ton of things and they become staples in your daily life. Well this post I decided would be part one of my favorite things to use for my kids and of course things that I like just for me. =) 
So to start off I'd say my number one thing that I have to have almost daily because I only drink soda on occasion and sometimes water isn't hitting the spot =/ is....drumrollll......MARTINIS! 
JUST KIDDING!!
It's SWEET TEA!! I love it! I make my own of course (because nothing tastes as good as homemade)! I have stuck to the same recipe that was given to me by my step mother, Terri, years back, until recently when a friend of mine told me that she uses 6 tea bags instead of the 5 that I used! So I tried it and now I'm hooked! It tastes even better than before!! I would LOVE to put the recipe on here for you all to try BUT there isn't an exact recipe to follow!! So I'll just give you a run down of what I do. I put 6 tea bags in a pot full of water, let it boil until there are bubbles, and turn it off to let it steep. While it's steeping I just pour sugar into my pitcher...until it looks right. LOL I then pour the steeped tea into the pitcher with sugar (I estimate its about 2 1/2 cups of sugar) and leave the tea bags in the empty pot, fill it with water again (with the tea bags in it) and pour it into the pitcher. I just repeat that until the pitcher is full. Stir and stick it in the fridge. I normally don't even wait for it to cool, I just put a bunch of ice into a cup and fill it up! I hope that made enough sense!
Now, a favorite baby thing of mine is DR. SMITHS DIAPER OINTMENT. I had never heard of this stuff before I went to see family in Texas and I was shown the miracles that this stuff can work. I have never seen it anywhere besides Texas, but then again I don't do a lot of shopping for diaper cream. Needless to say before I left Texas I made sure to stop at an H.E.B. and I bought a few jars of it (and a few jars of sour pickles yummy).
Another favorite baby thing is THE BUMBO SEAT. When Max was a baby they either didn't have this genius creation or I had just never heard of it. Its a seat made of some kind of hard foam material that is molded into a bucket seat sort of shape. It fits a baby's booty so perfectly. We sat Gabriella in it her first time at about four months. Babies at that age generally can't sit up on their own but with the aid of this seat THEY CAN!! We now use it to feed her at other people's homes and here at our home sometimes too.



I think I'm going to leave it at three favorite things per favorite things post. That way I shouldn't run out too fast. =) Tomorrow is going to be a pretty busy day so I'll be posting about it tomorrow.
Talk to you soon,
J

1 comment:

  1. I will definately be trying that sweet tea how to....because I lurveeee your tea ;)

    ReplyDelete