7.22.2010

Thankful Thursdays-2










Lets talk about FRIENDS.
Friends are supposed to be there for you through everything.
Friends are supposed to be the people you can rely on for support in any situation.
Friends are supposed to see you at your worst and still remember who you are when you're at your best.
Friends should be there at your birthday, your wedding, your baby's birth, and your baby's birthdays.
Friends should also understand when you can't be at those events.
Friends should be there to help you move, help you get over a break up, or help you with anything else.
Friends should ask YOU how you are...and listen to what you have to say.
Friends shouldn't expect you to just say what they want to hear. You should be able to say what you really feel.

There are millions of expectations that people have of friends and that your friends have of you but I'm not going to list them all! That was just a little taste of what I think friendship is.

11.This week I am very very thankful for the few friends that I have. They have been friends of mine for 5 or more years, a few of them don't even live close anymore but I still talk to them regularly like they do. Those friends know who they are. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being the very best friends I could ever have asked for.

Here are some other things I'm thankful for:
12. The moments of silence I get when the kids are both asleep in bed and my husband is at work.
13. The look on Gabriella's face when I walk over to her crib to take her out. Melts my heart every time to see that much happiness come out of someone so small.
14. State funded preschool.
15. A supportive husband.
16. A son that LOVES playing with his baby sister.
17. Our DVR.
18. The things that occupy my four year old long enough for me to take a breath.
19. Fans. (It's summertime, enough said.)
20. My sense of humor. If I didn't have it...I would've gone coo-coo by now.

What are you thankful for? Link up over at The Tarr Pit and tell us!
Talk to you soon,
J

3 comments:

  1. Jacqui...I just want to tell you how inspirational your writing is. I can remember when you were about 5 or 6 and hating to write and hating spelling...now you write these beautiful blogs for everyone to read. I am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww your gma is so sweet! :)
    and yes, friends are sooo important! Especially once you become a mom. We need those friends to support us and to rely on! Great post this week! :)

    ReplyDelete