7.12.2010

it's just another MANIC MONDAY

So today didn't go the way I thought it would. I had a day full of arts and crafts, Charmed, and happy kids planned. (Insert wrong answer from a game show buzzer here) Instead the power was knocked out by a fallen power line in the middle of the day. That in turn made our cooler shut down. Luckily my mom showed up right when it shut off. So I just decided that since Ryan was at work I would just pack up the kids and head to her house with her until the power came back on. So before the power went out I was able to get one of the projects done with the kids that I wanted to do. I painted Max's hands and had him make prints on some scrapbooking paper then painted Gabriella's feet (no easy task) and made prints on a different sheet of paper. I was going to do her hands too but I just decided to avoid any accidental paint eating. So anyways, I let the prints dry then cut them out and glued them to another piece of paper. Then I just added a simple message for my mom (Grandmom) from the kids and it was all done!
I also managed to snap this picture of Max being silly as ever!! Sometimes he loses his too cool for school attitude long enough to remind me he's still the sweet little boy I've been working on for the last four years!
I even got another picture of Gabriella's amazing gummy smile while I was feeding her some sweet potatoes and banana puffs! It reminds me of an old woman with no teeth!! BUT it is still so BEAUTIFUL.
So we went to my mom's house and hung out for a few hours (like four) and finally made our way home around 9:00. Now I am blogging (<3), drinking my sweet tea, and watching Charmed. Speaking of Charmed...I got some more DVD's from Netflix today. I'm on season three of the series (eight total) and I'm pretty sure this is the season that Shannen Doerty left...so far there hasn't been any story lines hinting at her demise so I'm interested in finding out how she leaves the show. I have been fighting myself from just looking it up on Wikipedia LOL. 
On another note! My best friends wedding photos were available for viewing today!! Her photographer was none other than Tracy Van Dam so naturally they were INCREDIBLE! I just can't wait to put my order in! Here's one of my favorites. It's the first time that the groom (Nick) is seeing the bride (Evette). Tracy captured the moment perfectly.
 ALSO
I uploaded a few pictures of the kids in their 4th of July shirts from my Grandma Violet (Wela).
I hope you all had a good Monday!
Talk to you soon,
J

2 comments:

  1. love the art craft you did with the kids!!! hey how do you get that border around the pics??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know! I think it might just be part of the template I chose for the blog. Sorry I couldn't be more help. =(

    ReplyDelete