7.10.2010

crawling, busted heads, and new bikinis


So today was a crazy day for the Hill family!! Some friends of ours (Sarah and Travis) had a first birthday party for their son Evan today and we went to Ryan's aunts house for some swimming and BBQ.
Lets just start with the events of the birthday party...
We weren't even there for five minutes when Max came crying to us saying he had fallen off the swing. Well normally I just tell him that he'll be okay and he stops crying and goes back to playing, so I did just that and then as hes walking away I see it...blood on the back of his shirt!! OMGahhhhhh!!! I contained my freak out for the sake of him, (most mommy's know the more you react, the more they react) pulled him to the kitchen sink and proceeded to inspect the back of his head. It turned out to be just a kind of bad scrape, but apparently the head is what bleeds the most. So Sarah put a bag of frozen blueberry's into a ziploc baggy and I made Max (who was anxious to get back to playing) sit on my lap for a few minutes while I held the "ice pack" against his head to keep the swelling down. So crisis number one thankfully averted, we let Max get back to his friends and enjoyed some time with our friends. We had some good conversation, Ryan had a burger, and Max had a great time. Unfortunately we had to cut it short before the cake and presents because we had to get to our next destination, Ryan's aunts house. When we arrived to Ryan's Aunt Jackie's house we said our hellos, I ate some pasta salad (YUMMY), Ryan ate ANOTHER burger and a hot dog, and Max...well he decided to ALMOST jump into the pool! He is very confident about his swimming skills, I on the other hand, know better. So crisis number two was once again thankfully averted and us parents were fed. I put Gabriella into her swimsuit (for the first time) and  handed her over to Aunt Jackie in the pool and tried to watch...I couldn't stand it though. I HAD to get into the pool. Problem was, I didn't bring my swimsuit. So I said oh well and put on Ryan's extra shirt and got in in my shorts. =) There was no way I was going to miss my baby Love's first swim. Max had put on his water wings and hopped in and Ryan was doing crazy jumps and dives off the diving board for his niece's and nephew. Well, Gabriella LOVED the pool! I don't know why I doubted that she would because she loves the bathtub too. So after a long afternoon of swimming and hanging out we headed home with two visitors in tow, Big Papa and MiMi. Big Papa is Ryan's dad, Scott and MiMi is his step mom, Melissa. They're down for a few weeks from Texas and decided to come spend a few hours at our house before heading back to Ryan's brothers house in Victor Ville. So we came home (I changed out of my wet clothes), I fed Gabriella her dinner and we sat and talked with Scott and Melissa for a while and we had Del Taco and sweet tea for dinner, delicious! Both of the kiddies fell asleep before 9:00 while we were watching The Hulk. The in-laws left around 8:30 and Ryan and I picked up the house a little and sat down to relax. Of course one of the ways I relax is to blog...
So here's a few highlights from our day.
Maximus on the float he played with all day. He's wearing Toy Story swim trunks with a Toy Story water shirt, I'm sure it's made to be worn in the ocean or something but he loves it and wont wear the trunks without it. =)
Gabriella in her first bikini! I found it during a trip to see my brother and sister in law at a second hand shop in Humboldt when I was pregnant! The top is two little chicks! =)
 This is Maximus swimming underwater!! He taught himself how to do this in the bathtub!! Not only is he so very proud of himself but Ryan and I couldn't be prouder! It's so great to watch kids learn new things and then show off!!
 I love that smile. It brightens any cloudy day! She was having so much fun splashing water!!
She ended up falling asleep while I was sitting on the stairs with her and talking to Ann and Melissa. So cute!!
This was the best family picture. Max can be a little ornery when I want him to do something specific...like smile nice for a picture. But whatever, its the real us!

And might I add...Gabriella....CRAWLED
I couldn't think of a better way to end this post.

I hope you're all having a good summer as well!
Tell me, HOW DO YOU BEAT THE HEAT?

Talk to you soon,
J

1 comment:

  1. looks like you guys had a wonderful day!! And geez Max is all swimming underwater!!! Being at the pool is def my idea of a perfect summer day ;)

    ReplyDelete