7.16.2010

Battle of the Gums

So the kids are in bed and sleeping peacefully, my house is clean, the hubby is home, and I'm gonna blog about something that has been interrupting my life all day everyday for the last week or so...TEETHING!

I must have got lucky with my son because I have NO MEMORY of having these issues with him. It's either that or my mom just didn't tell me that while I was at work and she was sitting for me he was giving her hell...doesn't sound like my mom to not tell me...soooooo I'm just gonna assume that he was an easy teether. Gabriella on the other hand...OHHH MANNNN...I'm surprised that I even have hair left after this week. She is just in so much pain...or shes just irritated...or something. I wish she could talk so I could just fix it. So I thought I would share with you my war against teething weapons. Hopefully with these things I can relax my little Princess GiGi (pronounced gee-gee) and help her cut those teeth!! 
So a friend of mine recommended that I try this net thing. So I went and bought it, some cantaloupe and grapes (already had the bananas). I balled the melon (I am the melon balling queen) and bagged half of what the melon yielded (put the rest into a bowl for Max in the morning) and bagged some grapes, sliced two bananas and bagged them, stuck them in the freezer and tomorrow I will try it out. I'm gonna put a piece or two into the net, hand it over and see what happens. The net should provide a different texture on her gums and also allow for her to gum the holy hell outta the frozen fruit and get the taste without choking. I was going to buy those Biter Biscuts but I do remember hating those things because of the mess with Maximus so I nixed that.
I've also used these teething tablets. I don't notice too much of a change after I give them to her. It's a minor fix but she just starts with the crying again within a few minutes. I also bought a two pack of baby Orajel, one for daytime and one for night time. I haven't used them yet but I plan to if it gets bad enough. I am shooting for doing this as naturally as possible but I am not one of the mommies who can just sit there as her baby freaks out just because I don't want to use the help of some pharmaceutical's, and I'm not ashamed to say so. (Though I do admire those mommies that can do so!!)
I'll definately be updating you guys about this. 
So I'm asking for prayer that the net and frozen fruit works and this mommy gets a much needed break!!

Talk to you soon, 
J

1 comment:

  1. that net thingy was my favorite!!! ian would go to town on it and be occupied for what seemed like forever. the teething tablets really helped us at night, but not during the day and definitely not when he was working on those molars. good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete